Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2019

White Autumn Pumpkin Decor




It took me a lot of years to work up my nerve to do the white autumn pumpkins. This year, as usual, I made the traditional harvest-colored flower arrangement; after all, I am an autumn girl, a November baby. My colors have always been those beautiful fall colors, yet this year, I just was not satisfied. 

After having put together the sunflowers, cattails, burlap ribbon and orange pumpkins, I made the decision and returned to the store for white autumn decorations. This is a big step mind you for a traditionalist in autumn decor. Years ago if you had told me I would have white pumpkins, I would have screamed sacrilege. But immediately after designing the white centerpiece, I was in love and the other looked almost childish in comparison where the white seemed so simply elegant. 

So if you have been tempted yet fearful of doing a white autumn, it may be time to take the plunge, I did and I loved it. And if you have already done your traditional autumn colors, it is still not too late because this will make a perfectly elegant display for the Thanksgiving table. Some simple white flowers, lacy ribbon and white pumpkins rimmed in gold were all I needed to get started. I got a late start this season but next year I plan to go all out for a white harvest, shabby though it may be.



Thanks for joining me! Love, Shultz


Cheryl Bruedigam
Designer, Writer, Stylist

Shop my Etsy boutique 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...